the blogger
Adeth [View Profile]

links
hime
in love
future of phil feature
computer monster one
computer monster two
the real big brother
same line of thinking
whitehaired chef
sugarsmile
ultimate playgurl
kiddie-looking kolehiyala
madam president
mangki
poety bear

archives
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
November 2006
December 2006
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
June 2007


details
alteregoism © 2005 Adeth
Best viewed in 1024 x 768, IE 6+ (less funky in FF). CSS + Tables.

Chronicles
Monday, March 26, 2007 ~ 2:55 AM

Here's a mini-chronicle of my Davao expedition. Pardon the euphoria. :D

===

Where have you been? adet

I've been to Davao. Woohoo! No longer a plane virgin. And it is one of the best trips ever. I'll be posting my pix soon.

It was... breath-takingly magnificent. The flight going there was two-hours delayed, but serendipity it is, for I was able to witness how beautiful Manila is from above. And before landing, I gazed out the window just to marvel at the coconut trees below and the blue sparkling waters of Davao Gulf. Nature at its best.

Indeed, at its very best. The next day, we went to Mati, Davao Oriental, a place in the world na walang signal. It was a four-hour trip, and en route are winding, uphill roads and plantations of coconut and banana. The hectares (pardon the understatement) of coconut trees reminded me of the Coco Levy Fund, whatever happened to it. Now going back, from Mati, we had another sixty-minute drive to Dahikan, the Paradise. Yellowish white sand, crystal clear waters, towering coconut trees… everything is so virginal. Yes, it is Eden.

We spent the night there, in Mayet’s family’s rest house. The waves were singing their lullabies as the cool breeze enters our window (the window does not have anything in it, just a plain hole in the wall). It was a peaceful slumber, even though Farah, my other friend, would like to put garlic by the window pane to shoo away bad spirits. XD

Dawn in the beach turned out to be a spectacle. With the sun slowly waking up from the east, everything is perfect. And as if the scenery is not yet enough to feast on, Mayet’s father bought a surgeonfish (Dory, Nemo’s friend) freshly caught from the sea, and had it grilled for a sumptuous and luxurious breakfast. It was a nice way to break away temporarily from Manila’s bangus and tilapia. Where, here in Manila, can you buy a Dory for Php50???

Right after breakfast we jumped in the boat and journeyed for another seventy five minutes, admiring the green, sometimes blue, waters underneath, and feasting our eyes on the coral reefs. We were brought to an islet, where no one lives, to indulge ourselves with the beach. It’s as if we rented an island. I swam with the fishes, marked the sand with my footprint, tried to build sand castles… I was like a kid. Hahahaha!!

It’s like no other place in the world. It was just tough luck that I did not see a pawikan, or else I could’ve gone nuts. XD

When we boarded the plane back to Manila, Davao was still at its finest. Despite the drizzling rain, I saw how splendid it is during the night, with its street lights illuminating the entire city. I promised myself I’ll be back someday, with someone, so that I won’t miss her too bad. #

leave a comment